If you are going to argue you need facts
There have been lots of words written about Akademik Shokalskiy These are just facts. I present them to you without comment:
- There is a ship stranded in ice in the Antarctic.
- It is mid summer in the southern hemisphere..
- The Guardian and the BBC are represented on board.
- Along with eco-activists and scientists.
- The mission was a scientific one.
- They said so when they failed to raise public funds through croudsourcing site (they raised $1000)
- There were two icebreakers trying to break through to them.
- One of the icebreakers seems to be stuck itself and the other one is trying to free it but making only around 10 metres an hour. It has about 3 nm to cover
- The BBC has reported that a third icebreaker is on its way. The USCG has failed to confirm this.
- The chief scientist on board is claiming the ice that is trapping them is caused by the warming of the Antarctic.
- The thermometers are showing a cooling trend.
- The same chap runs a company that seeks to make money by carbon capture
- His family are stockholders
- 100 years ago the area they are in was navigable.
- The BBC and guardian would like you to think it is a cruise ship, they are either not allowing or deleting comments that contradict their view of the world.
I am not a scientist. But I hope I can think critically and I know where the facts are leading me.
You can refute the facts above present new facts. I have evidence to back all of these. If you want to join the discussion make sure you bring some evidence to the party.
Update Noon 2nd January
- The 52 passengers have been airlifted by Chinese Helicopter to Australian icebreaker.
- The crew remains on board.